Thursday, March 8, 2012

So Close And Yet...So Far

Today is going to be glorious outside.  It's supposed to get up to around 67 degrees with beautiful sunshine. 

And I'm stuck in the house, working.  One day a week I work from home...and it's a double edged sword.  Yes, I can throw open the windows and doors and feel the fresh air rushing through the house but I am pretty much chained to my desk with my laptop, staring at spreadsheets all day.

I'm going to go for a long walk at lunch though...I have quite a bit of weight I want to lose before the wedding and while I've changed my diet significantly (see ya later cheese and pasta), I've been procrastinating about the exercise thing.  I do have to be gentle with my ankles...I'm plagued by weak ankles and if I push myself too much, my right ankle bone swells up like a grapefruit.  Nice visual, huh?  My son calls it Mummy's BooBoo Ankle.  I call it &%$#.  I used to be a runner...then I got in a car accident when I was pregnant with my son and broke that pesky ankle but didn't know it was broken until years later when I gracefully (like a damn hippo) fell down the stairs at home and had x-rays done.  They found that I had just sprained it during the fall, but that I had an old bone chip floating around from four years prior...from the car accident. 

Ummm...I should probably warn you...I tend to ramble when I blog.  Feel free to tell me to shut up...I won't be offended. ;)

In other news, I worked on the Golf Club Cover for my son last night.  Somehow I keep losing stitches in the top part (worked in the round) so I'm going to try and fix it today on my breaks (of which I think there will be MANY).  Not sure what I'm missing...it's pretty clear cut and the first attempt I did came out decently.  The final draft is eluding me though.  Sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment