Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Goal Oriented

I mentioned in my last post that it's Quarter End at work.  We get goals in our department that we have to meet..both as individuals and as a group.  Basically, we have to collect cash (the group's goal) , clean up older invoices greater than 60 days old, and clean up any credit memos and cash on our accounts. 
I had made my cash/credit on account goal about a month ago...wheeeee...and as of this morning, I found out that one of my trouble accounts is paying a butt-ton of old invoices which means, this girl, made her goal!  It's such a stressful job sometimes that even having two days (the Quarter ends this coming Friday, the 30th) to not have to worry about making my goals is like a mini-vacation..lol.

A few months ago we had to submit our Self Appraisals at work to our managers. Now THAT was stressful. Basically you have to tell your boss what you feel you are doing right and what you need to work on. There's fifty gabillion (okay, so maybe it was only ten) questions you have to answer, citing examples from the previous year. Today I met with my manager and went over the appraisal he was submitting for me. I was pleasantly surprised at how highly he values my contributions to the department. Are there things I need to work on? Of course, but we both agreed on what those things are. All in all, a positive meeting. We will all find out next week if we are receiving raises..fingers crossed that I get one...I need all the wedding money I can get at this point.   Lol...if my ex is reading this, feel free to start sending child support again...it would be greatly appreciated. 

I'll be working from home tomorrow...one of the perks of the job.  I'll be sitting on my comfy couch, laptop plugged into work's network, watching movies and listening to music.  Ahhhh...bliss.  I might even weasel a lunch date with The Man.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment