Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Yeeeeeah...

Oy.  It's been a super long time since I've blogged here.  Not sure what the hell happened, but I'm back.  I picked up my trusty 5mm hook yesterday and began work on an afghan to get back in the swing of things.

Speaking of the "swing of things", that's what has kept me from crocheting.  I took up golf..lol.  I'd given my fiance golf clubs for Father's Day 2011 and after he got my son into it, I got the bug too.  It's such a stress relief, especially when I can picture the face of someone that aggravated me that day on the ball and just let 'er rip on the course.

So, the wedding date has changed.  It's kind of in limbo at the moment.  We had planned on November 17th this year..but then my fiance's grandfather got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and we were trying to figure out if we could move quickly and get married before he passed.  Unfortunately, the cancer was widespread and he died two weeks later.  Annnnd, we had planned on getting married at my sister's church (she's performing our wedding) but then she ended up leaving and taking a position as a minister at a different church. 

We want things to be perfect and want to have the wedding somewhere meaningful to us so we're not rushing and not going to just get married for the sake of getting married.  We just celebrated nine years together in August and know that it will be worth the wait to join as husband and wife.

Sappy enough for ya?  Hahaha.

The bottom line is, I'm back.  Looking forward to writing more...crocheting more...and yes, hitting the golf balls on the course until the snow flies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment